Do it When your team have to learn some now skill or to face a difficult change.
People say that:” The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change”. But employees are often afraid of a change. Sometimes they are even afraid of some new skill that they have to adopt. Show them that learning new skill is easy as A, B, C… or should I said Z, Y, X…?
Ask your group to say alphabet from A to Z. People will laugh and did it with moderate speed. Tell them that new task is to do the alphabet backwards. They will laugh even more and say that is not possible without reading.
Tell them that it is all up to them. If they think it is not possible, for sure they are right.
But they have 3 minutes to prepare strategy for learning and 10 minutes for practicing. During that time they can use whatever they want just to learn that new skill.
After those 13 minutes for sure they will succeed. Ask them:
How did they feel when they heard for the first time what the task is?
In which way preparation of strategy have helped them?
How they can transfer that learning style on the job?
Now, it’s a Coaching time for Your Creative Mind:
1. Imagine a new skill that you would like to learn. What is it?
2. Scaling from 1 to 10 how important to you is that new skill?
3. Who would you be with that new skill?
4. Who else will benefit from it?
5. What will be the time frame for it?
6. What strategy will you use?
7. What will be your first step?
8. What will be other steps?
You have a great plan, when you finish it post some pictures and comments on this page. Thank you and good luck.